Here's a list of links I've put together as reference to those who want to know more about Google Wave and how the websphere is reacting.
I'm not shocked at the mixed reviews, as everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But I'm apalled at the wait-and-see attitude of a lot of people. This is not Microsoft or Apple saying, "Hey, I have a new product that I will sell to the world!" But rather, it's Google saying, "Hey, I have a great idea that will change the world, AND I WANT YOU TO HELP ME MAKE IT HAPPEN."
I still have doubts that Google's intentions are purely altruistic, but I believe this is the future and it's about to begin.
Links from Google
Explanations & Reactions
- AdAge Digital: Google Tries to Rewrite E-mail; It Won't Happen Soon
- ComputerWorld: Google Wave: The fix for social network over-sharing?
- ComputerWorld: Is Google Wave the spork of the Internet?
- TechCrunch: Google Wave Drips With Ambition. A New Communication Platform For A New Web.
- PC Mag: Google Wave: Five Things You Must Know
- Gizmodo: Google Wave Is a Frothy Collaborative Mix of Chat, IM, Twitter and Google Docs in Real-Time
- Mashable: Could Google Wave Redefine Email and Web Communication?
- Engadget: Google Wave unveiled, new live chat medium for browsers, iPhone and Android
- Inside Facebook: What Google Wave Means for Facebook
- ReadWriteWeb: Google Wave: Google Tries to Reinvent Email
- Financial Times: Google Wave: a secret weapon for enterprise?
- CMSWatch: Google Wave: Tsunami or Wipe Out?